Camping Beagle? - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Camping Beagle?

We are planning to go camping next weekend, just for one night. I know that our little guy will be well behaved, we will have him leashed and will bring his crate to put him in if we need to for a bit.

Since I know he will be a good beagle, I am most nervous about something happening to him! We live in Arizona, so I am worried about rattlesnakes and scorpions (even though I've never seen either!) I know some of you have been camping with your beagles, am I just over worrying??
beagle4758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to hear a response to this post as I go camping often but always leave the two kids at home as I am afraid they will run off into the woods and never return. hope to be corrected here as I'd love to bring them without having to keep them tied up or caged the whole time...
Dinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

You think you got it bad in Arizona with rattle snakes.... We live in New South Wales Australia, We have Red Bellied Blacks, King Brown and to top it off the Sydney Funnel Web spider! So far they have all kept away from each other but I do get a little nervous when Winston is digging in the garden. Although it could be worse, the Great White Sharks and Blue Ringed Octopus in the Ocean are even more dodgy!!!!
mandah1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am also from NSW. Located in Western Sydney and would like to take them to the Blue Mountains but am afraid they would run... Where are you located?
Dinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

We are on the Central Coast, near Gosford. Great for walking the dogs, the dog friendly beaches are great for our two. The Blue Mountains are amazing but would fear the same as you!
mandah1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just wondering, but what part of AZ do you live in? I am in N. Phoenix...
si010986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

I live in the west valley
Old 05-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have taken my Daisy camping a few times. I of course have to keep her leashed but she enjoys hiking and just hanging out with us. I bought a long lead tie out just for camping so she can sniff around while we are just hanging out at camp. She stays with us at all times. I never leave her in the tent or at camp by herself. She seems to really enjoy it and gets excited when she sees us packing up the car with our camping equipment. I always keep an eye out for predators (snakes, coyotes, other dogs etc). But those things are predators for you too and you don't miss out on the fun of camping, do you? ALso, if you decide to take your dog, make sure you get them some bug spray so he doesn't get eaten alive by the mosquitos! Update us on your trip if you decide to take him
face_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think your beag would do just fine... I have taken dogs camping on many occasions and it is great fun for the whole family.... and after all isn't your pooch part of the family? You all with have loads of fun
paddington4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Yay!

Well we took him with us, and he had so much fun! He was really well behaved, even around all the campfire cooking, you know how those beagles are with food! He stuck around us the whole time, had fun sniffing around, and was passed out by 8:30.

He does have a couple of bug bites on his belly, they are red circles...I think they are possibly from the many gnats that were around the area? Will watch and see what happens to them. He is passed out on our bed now, a tired beagle = a happy beagle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement