Beagle's favorite toys poll - pick 3! - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beagle's favorite toys poll - pick 3!

I'm about to take Spock to the pet store to pick out yet another toy. No matter how many times we go, though, I always seem to spend about 20 minutes in the toy aisle trying to choose a toy that they'd play with and enjoy and that isn't terribly expensive (nothing like spending $15 on something they never touch). I try to think back on what their favorite toys have been so I know what would be the best, most durable toy to bring home. And that got me curious about what other beagles' favorite toys are!

You can choose 3 options in the poll, because (of course) a beagle doesn't usually have just one favorite toy, and if you've got more than one, they might have different preferences. And if your beagle's (or beagles') favorite option isn't there, tell us about it!

(And here's hoping I managed to make a poll properly!)
fauxpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Beagle's favorite toys poll - pick 3!

Since Shiloh doesn't really play with toys anymore, I had to go back to when she was a puppy and more playful for my choices. She loved anything squesky--loved running with it to make it squeak!! And she did steal her fair share of socks and undies. She does like a hard chewie now and then though, so I should have checked that instead of other/ (I was thinking of Cheese!)
Old 08-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Stuffed squeaky toys are the most favored but they don't last long and they never seem to be cheap.

Lately, however, Henry and Yodel have been going nuts chasing after tennis balls on the driveway. Since the driveway slopes very slightly, the ball rolls everytime it gets away from them. Watching them trying to stop the balls with their paws or trying to pounce on them is great...I can watch that forever.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mine all seem to love soft toys - last night I sat and watched Tanna de-stuff 3 toys in about 2 minutes - admittedly they were very cheap ($ store). I have found that the stuffed toys I get from PetEdge (my favorite place) last just as long as the much more expensive toys from pet stores.
You didn't have one of their favorites on your list. Any plastic coke bottle - or water bottle - a nice big coke bottle will last longer than most toys - and they all love it. Some of mine love balls - others won't touch them at all. The kids next door are into sports and I often find basket balls and soccer balls under my car or in my yard. I toss them back into their yard 3 times - after that they BELONG to my dogs. I get tired of having to retrieve their balls from under my car before I can move it. Nothing lasts this pack very long, even Kongs, so I don't buy expensive toys for them any more. Besides it's much more fun for them to find a sock I've dropped and chew it up.
beaglesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Our first two beagles loved balls and socks. Susi and Snoopy dont play but they enjoy eating the contents of kongs. Or chewing up paper hankies!
angelaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Jersey loves her squeeky toys. Nice and soft plush ones. She must have 50 if she has one. If the Trekkies like plush squeekers and destroy them quickly, might I suggest PetEdge.com (Again!). I can get the exact same toys that my local pet shop sells for a third of the price. You can get stuffed squeekies for as little as 89 cents. Most of the time I spend around $1.29 or so per toy. I buy in bulk and only buy about twice a year but I spend anywhere from $60 - $80 at a time. It's worth it though as Jersey goes through toys like crazy. They have other types of toys like Nylabones and such, but the prices on them aren't that much better than the pet shop.
jenn1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Soft squeaky toys are the favorites around here, but they don't last long so they move on to any other toy that squeaks. Though I did mark the socks/underwear box, technically my bras are Duke's very favorite toy. Grrrrr.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

She loves the Kong- current favorite treat stuffing, peanut butter. She honestly doesn't like the hard stuffings or the Ziggies inside the Kong; she gets frustrated and gives up.

She likes chasing tennis balls and her rope toy too.

Unfortunately her favorite 'chewies' are Mom's robe, the sound system cords, slippers, and shoes!

Proud Mom to Menolly the Beagle!
To see pictures of Menolly, go here: http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...rJedi/Menolly/
CarrieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to don&ernie

Ruby loves to get her paws and jaws on a stuffed plush toy. But even the most rugged of those (including those tough canvas versions) she'll have open in 5 minutes or less. What a smarty! She always concentrates on one area of a toy - usually the weakest, until it gives way. And she uses her side teeth like a pair of scissors. No stuffed toy is safe from these strategies!

Because of this, I don't get stuffed toys for her very often, I concentrate on Nylabones and tough rubber toys, like Kongs. Throw some treats, peanut butter, and/or baby carrots in these babies, and she's in toy bliss.

She has this bigger neon semi-transparent green rubber ball (I forget the brand) that is too big to get her jaw around, but it has two holes in it. I throw her favorite treats in, and some peanut butter, and the bliss starts - we call it lickie bliss! She lays completely still on the stairs landing, with this big green ball pinned against the step, licking, licking, licking....It lasts for and hour or more. It's great for when we want to keep her occupied for a while. We at first bought a smaller version that she could get her jaw around, but that one was too easy for her after a few weeks. The bigger one never loses her interest.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

The very best toys are dirty socks, followed by clean socks. Molly also loves unrolling toliet paper and chewing on the coffee table. Sticks are amazing as well.

We did splurge and get her one of the AKC rabbit toys and she carrys it around with her everywhere. Expensive but worth it.
Nifferboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement