Beagle makes weird sound on walks - Page 2 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sounds like a typical, normal beagle. lol!
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Wow, crazy walk. She is way hyped up and out of control. Have you tried keeping her by your side and not using that retractable leash? I think she's super excited. Goodness I got tired just watching that. I personally would not put up with that. lol
Autumn's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

I let her off of her leash... once. Granted, that was last year, but I really thought she would go straight to the car. I was wrong. She did go to the car and stopped, then she decided to run into the neighbors back yard, around our house a couple of times, before finally trapping herself in between two neighbors fences. Once she realized she had nowhere to go, she just walked right up to me as if I hadn't been chasing her for five minutes. Worst part is, I had just had 3 of those stupid steroid injections in my back, and couldn't hardly run after her.

I love her to death, and once she gets inside she calms down and either wants to sleep, or play with her tug toys. I think part of the reason she gets so excited when we go on walks is the fact that there are tons of dogs in our neighborhood, and we all walk our dogs along the exact same route. She picks up scents the entire walk, and has to run back and forth, and back and forth. I put up with it because I remember how much I wished I had taken my now deceased dog for more walks, and when he got old, and to the point he no longer wanted to do anything except be by my feet, I felt so much remorse and felt guilty for not having him be more active. I remember just wishing he would want to go for a walk, and I know when Piper gets old, I will wish she were younger and long for the days of these crazy walks.
As long as she is well-behaved, as she is now, she can go as crazy as she wants to on walks. I don't mind it, and know I'll miss it when these days are gone.
JRN00498 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Don't feel bad. Boh got away from us once. He ran up the street, turned the corner and stopped on someones' front porch - where he proceeded to eat their Halloween pumpkin.

I use a prong on Boh. Have for years. I know some people hate the idea of them. His is lightweight. He doesn't mind it and never pulls. The thing is, I'm getting older, have had some broken bones and just can't tolerate being yanked around. It's what works for me.

If you are satisfied, that is fine. Just be careful with retractable leashes. It is important to maintain control and avoid injuries.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yes I'd agree the dog is just super excited. Going for a walk is very exciting business. I found a retractable leash to be too dangerous with my beagle, she just weaved around with it too much to the point where I felt like sooner or later she would take my feet out from under me. Now I use a normal leash, but slightly longer than normal. But I also developed a command "this way" when I want her to change directions. She obeys it.... most of the time. When something is *especially* interesting smelling, I have to wait for her to finish her sniffing, even food won't move her then.
DragonLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement