Kibble advice? - Page 4 - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Beagle Discussion

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
I just base my opinion on it from what I've read from the CDC, FDA, AVMA, and the other science backed articles I've read.

The only positive things I've read have all been anecdotal evidence. But as I said in my other post about it, there isn't really anything wrong with it, but really no evidence to suggest there are any benefits over high quality kibble

The other thing I've never understood is why not just cook it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Here is a link from the German Shepherd forum. It is a sticky about raw feeding. Better information than you will find elsewhere - from people who actually feed raw.

Raw Feeding FAQs - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
Here is a link from the German Shepherd forum. It is a sticky about raw feeding. Better information than you will find elsewhere - from people who actually feed raw.

Raw Feeding FAQs - German Shepherd Dog Forums
That's the problem though. As I said, the only positive for raw I can find is anecdotal evidence. Everything that is actually researched and science backed shows no benefit. Some of the articles I've read even talk about how zoo canines are fed high quality kibble and are actually healthier for it with longer live spans.

Just for clarity, I don't have any problems with it. I just to to follow science on as much as possible and with the internet the is tons of misinformation and anecdotal evidence of there. There are articles on the FDA, CDC, and AVMA websites with links to studies, along with many articles on reputable science sites

crzycrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Having problems with responding to quotes again. UGH!

So, this is for crzycrkr.....

I don't see the CDC, FDA, or even the AVMA as knowing much about dog nutrition. Not even confident in the AVMA. Why would they recommend raw feeding, when they get kickbacks from dog food companies? It isn't really something you can get honest information about in a Google search.

Please check the link I posted above. Why not cooked? Dogs cannot eat many cooked bones. They can't eat cooked chicken bones. They can eat raw chicken bones. Raw is healthier and more natural.

How many dog food recalls have there been? Pretty much every dog food company has had them. Salmonella in the dog food, euthanasia drugs in the dog food. At least, if you feed raw, you know what you are feeding.

I am real life friends with many of the GSD forum people who feed raw. Their dogs are the proof to me. IMO the biggest potential problem to feeding raw, is not ensuring the diet is balanced. That is easy enough to figure out. People who feed raw are always willing to give advice.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

OK, so your don't really care what people that have used raw for decades have to say. There won't be research into raw feeding for dogs. No money in that. Only money in kibble.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:23 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty Boh View Post
OK, so your don't really care what people that have used raw for decades have to say. There won't be research into raw feeding for dogs. No money in that. Only money in kibble.
Not if there isn't peer reviewed evidence behind it. There is research. Like I said, there is plenty of science backed info on the sites I mentioned.

If we take anecdotal evidence into account, there are far more people that have used mine for decades with great success. That's the problem with anecdotal evidence. It lacks actual, quantifiable evidence

Old 04-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #36 (permalink)

Post your evidence. I'll look at it.

This is Carmen. She is an expert on GSDs. She is highly respected in the GSD community. She knows the history of the breed. She can read/interpret a pedigree like nobody's business - tell you what to expect from a particular breeding, when it's good and when you should run the other way. Her dogs are true working dogs - service, sports, police, etc. She can evaluate a dog to determine what job is best for him. Carmen has a keen understanding of nutrition and the canine digestive system. She feeds raw. Feed-sentials is her product. She knows what works and what doesn't. You can check it out, or not.

http://www.carmspack.com/

Last edited by Natty Boh; 04-05-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #37 (permalink)

Personally I like to link this one first because it addresses some of the common pros that people always put out and has citations

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/raw...make-you-barf/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/fda...d-unpalatable/

Then some others I spoke about

https://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/FA...olicy-FAQ.aspx

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary.../ucm373757.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4152787/

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.co...To-Salmonella/

There are tons of articles out there. It has a very vocal backing, but so do anti vax, flat earthers, and the organic/wellness crowd (I'm not implying anything about you, lol, just using them as examples). I try to follow science where I can. Again, I don't really have a problem with raw, but people need to be very aware of the very real risks, with no proven benefits

Old 04-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

I started a new 'raw' thread, so as not to derail this one. You can take a look there as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement