URGENT! Found Beagle -- Needs Adoption / Foster GEORGIA - Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums
Go Back   Beagle Forum : Our Beagle World Forums > Beagle World > Adoptions, Rescues, Fostering, Lost & Found

OurBeagleWorld.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default URGENT! Found Beagle -- Needs Adoption / Foster GEORGIA

I am hoping not to get attacked for this as I already feel bad enough.

I found a female Beagle on Tuesday, January 29th, on my rural road. I picked the dog up, put up signs, and drove around trying to locate the owner. She had no collar and was not microchipped. I took her in as we were due to have bad weather, and I continued to try to locate the owner as well as look for options for her as I cannot physically keep her where I am living. I emailed countless rescues and talked to numerous people, but no one could take her. Today, I had to take her to the Forsyth County Animal Shelter in Cumming, Georgia. I talked to someone who is going to try and get her after her 7 day hold is up. However, I don't know if this will work out, and I encourage ANYONE who thinks they could take this dog in as their own or to foster to contact them. She is a really, really sweet dog and was friendly with other animals. Please give her a chance. I would have kept her if I could, but I am a full time college student with a job and a dog of my own.
Attached Thumbnails
URGENT! Found Beagle -- Needs Adoption / Foster GEORGIA-beagle.jpg  
taway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Please check the lost/found on Craigslist in your area. There are lots of ads for lost and found.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I did. I went through each one that mentioned a Beagle. I even posted an ad saying I found her there and on another website and have an ad running in the local paper. I also put signs up where I found her.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good thanks...lots of people don't think of CL for lost/found. I'm sorry I can't help her.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar. I feel like I've just got to bite a cat! I feel like if I don't bite a cat before sundown, I'll go crazy! But then I just take a deep breath and forget about it. That's what is known as real maturity.
Peanuts
Snoopy
My6beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice! I hated taking her to the shelter, but I cannot keep her where I am. If you know anyone who might be interested, please let them know about her!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

There are a number of beagle rescue groups in Georgia. Call one!

You did the responsible thing.
ljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Try contacting Beagle Freedom Project as they may have some contacts in your area. They rescue lab beagles and rehome and foster them.

Email the President at
shannon@beaglefreedomproject.org
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you for trying to help. Many people wouldn't even bother. You did the right thing. If the owner is looking for her, the shelter is probably the first place they would look. Hopefully she is reunited with her owner, or finds a loving new home soon.
Natty Boh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

I will email the Beagle Freedom Project. I hadn't heard of them. I already sent out emails to Beagle rescues in Atlanta, TN, AL, SC, and NC, but I haven't heard back from anyone that could help out. I am going to keep trying!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Go to Petsmart and Petco and speak to them as they have dog/cat rescue Saturdays. I know that Petsmart has a foundation to help with dogs as I donate $ to it.

Beagles were rated the 4th most popular dog in America by the American Kennel Club in 2012-surely someone will love your found pooch.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement