Our Beagle World Forums banner

Can't keep Brynn off Sofa/couch

16K views 60 replies 23 participants last post by  Mollys Mom 
#1 ·
Brynn is now 15 weeks old and his need to jump on the sofa is relentless. Other than this his training is going perfectly, I had him house trained in just over a week and he is responding well to commands. I take him to obedience classes and he is starting ringcraft training this week.

Just wondered if anyone else experianced a similar problem and how you combatted it.
He knows he is doing wrong and gets off as soon as I tell him "off" but he doesn't stop doing it.
Any advice would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#3 ·
My6.....Awesome pic. LOVE IT!

JaakeTod, your pup is very young and it sounds like you are doing a great job with him. He is listening to you, when you tell him off. If you really don't want him on the couch, be consistent with the "off." He will learn.

#6 ·
I agree, you are doing a very good job with training and he is listening. At his age it could be a bit of a game too and a way to be close to you. Be sure to praise him good when he gets down from the couch. maybe give him a good ear scratch or something that he likes.

#10 ·

This was under strict supervision. I wouldn't dare not keep an eye on her on the furniture. She managed to destory al the patio chair cushions. Cassie was watching someone outside :hyper:

Here I'll translate for you....:)

Cassie-- "mom,mom you see those blasted squirrels...mom,mom do you see those squirrels?" "OMG do you see those freaking squirrels?"

Well that's what usually plays out at my house. The squirrels and deer are arch enemies to my pack.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#57 ·
#13 ·
Omg!!!! That's too funny !! You sound like my husband sounded when we got our first beagle. His exact words " no dog is going to sleep with us"! Well Tess slept with us THAT night. I knew you couldn't resist those beagle eyes I just didn't want to tease you !!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#19 ·
Just thought I'd dig out this topic I created to make a point. Anyone who doesn't want their beagle on the sofa is massively missing out. Brynn lies with me and the rest of the family all the time. It has helped us build a beautiful relationship with him and I love having him on our sofa. Best thing I ever did was back down on this and happy to admit I was wrong lol

#20 ·
I am glad to hear you have finally been broken by your beagle. See isn't it so much easier to just give in to those big ole sad eyes !!

:) :) :)

#26 ·
Haha ha you two make me laugh. I haven't napped solo on a couch in years. Or heck even sat solo on a couch in years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.